Maybe all of these beer recipes are getting a little redundant, but these cookies are amazing. You don’t taste the oatmeal stout in these, but it adds a really nice flavor, and complements the generous dash of vanilla.
Chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite dessert, and it’s usually best not to tinker with perfection… but there is something so nice about oatmeal cookies in the fall. And what isn’t better with beer?
These cookies are crisp around the edges, soft and chewy in the middle, and full of chocolate chips. Enjoy!
3/4 cup melted butter
1.25 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup oatmeal stout
2 cups flour
3/4 cup oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1. Mix the butter, beer, sugars, molasses, egg yolk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, oats, baking soda.
3. Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until brown around the edges and just set in the center.
Makes about 24 cookies.